Windows 10 has gotten many updates in its lifetime and many are on their way. In the list of updates, there is Windows 10 May 2021 update. It was released on May 18, 2021, and is the eleventh major update in Windows 10.
The Windows 10 May 2021 update was released for the users using Windows 10 20H2 versions. New updates were released with build numbers 19041-19043 and version 20H1.
Even though the previous version before 20H2 was also named 20H1 (a build); still, Microsoft continued to name this update with version 20H1.
Like any Semi-Annual Channel, within 18 to 30 months, a new update will be released. Each update will be released for improvements and bugs fixes. The same happened with Windows 10 20H1 May Update.
Before or after installing the update; Windows 10 can be found in 16+ different editions including:
- Windows 10 Professional (Windows 10 Pro)
- Windows 10 Home
- Windows 10 Enterprise
- Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB
- Windows 10 Mobile Enterprise
- Windows 10 Education
- Windows 10 Pro Education
- Windows 10 Mobile
- Windows 10 IoT (Internet of Things)
- Windows 10 S
- Windows 10 Team
The above editions can be also found in N, KN, or country-based editions too.
In new updates, you will find Windows Defender Application Guard improvement, Windows Hello Multi-Camera Support, and much more.
Download Windows 10 May 2021 Update
So, here are some direct links to download Windows 10 May 2021 Update for free. The file is given either in ISO or Zip to avoid any threats or taking extra storage. If you experienced any kind of issue while downloading or installation, please contact us by commenting below.
- Download Windows 10 May 2021 Update
- Download Windows 10 20H1 ISO 32-bit here.
- Download Windows 10 20H1 ISO 64-bit here.
- Download 32-bit version with a size of 280 MB
- Download 64-bit version with a size of 606 MB
New Features in May 2021 Update
- New updates some compelling features that might grab your attention:
- Windows Defender Application Guard (WDAG)’s performance has been enhanced. This feature is a privilege for the Admins.
- Minor improvements have been made to Microsoft Edge. However; major improvement might be brought in the next update. In the new Windows 11, we have found Microsoft Edge completely different. The same thing might be brought to Windows 10, in the next update too.
- Windows Antivirus performance has been enhanced too.
- Windows Hello Multi-Camera Support has been improved.
- WMI (Windows Management Instrumentation)’s performance has been improved too. Same with the Group Policy Performance too.
- Users using Group Policy, have the option to work with remote control.
- ALT+TAB will enable you to browse inside your system.
- Old Windows login password is removed with new Microsoft pin.
- New icons for OneDrive are introduced with the option to use light or dark mode too.
- Now in Task Manager, you have the option to view disk types. This improvement is brought to bring clear visual between SSD or HHD disks.
- 39 more languages are supported. Now, Windows 10 supports English (United States), English (United Kingdom), Ukrainian (Ukraine), Turkish (Turkey), Spanish (International), Serbian (Latin, Serbia), Russian (Russia), Slovenian (Slovenia), Romanian (Romania), Portuguese (Portugal), Portuguese (Brazil), Polish (Poland), Bokmål (Norway), Norwegian, Thai (Thailand), Swedish (Sweden), Korean (Korea), Japanese (Japan), Italian (Italy), Hungarian (Hungary), Hebrew (Israel), Greek (Greece), Slovak (Slovakia), German (Germany), French (Canada), Spanish (Mexico), French (France), Finnish (Finland), Estonian (Estonia), Dutch (Netherlands), Latvian (Latvia), Danish (Denmark), Czech (Czech Republic), Croatian (Croatia), Chinese (Traditional, Taiwan), Chinese (Hong Kong), Lithuanian (Lithuania), Chinese (Simplified, China), Bulgarian (Bulgaria), Arabic (Saudi Arabia).
Removed features in Windows 10 20H1 May 2021
- Friendly dates in file explorer are removed.
- Account banners in settings is removed too.
- Supports for People app has been ended too.
How to download Windows 10 May 20H1 2021 Update automatically?
To update your Windows 10 to May 2021 from your Windows 10 here is how to do it:
Go to Start >Settings. Inside Settings find the Update & Security > Windows Update. Click on Check for Updates and your system will start to update.
Note: normally, you will get Windows 10 update. Still, if you didn’t get the update from the officials, then we would recommend you to wait in the queue. As the update will be delivered to you, once your turn arrives.