With SoftRAR, you can download any ISO file you want. We have brought you the windows server 2008 r2 iso. You can download Windows Server 2008 ISO file for free, by clicking on the link given below.
Here you can have the ISO file of Windows Server 2008. By clicking on the download button you can download all the versions of Windows Server 2008 in ISO format, as it is a pack of all in one. One file can provide you all the versions of Windows Server 2008 ISO. Remember that this is the last release of Windows Server 2008 and after this version only updates are available.
File: windows server 2008
Latest update: July 1, 2018
OS family: Windows
Disclaimer: Kindly note that we do not own this software, but we are providing it solely for study purposes.
Windows Server 2008 is a server operating system developed by Microsoft. The operating system was published on 27, February 2008. Windows Server 2008 was the successor of Windows Server 2003 which was released almost 5 years ago. The Windows Server 2008 R2 was released with Windows 7. More than 240 million licenses of Windows 7 were sold.
The Windows 2008 server has the codename of “Longhorn”. A total of 3 beta versions were released before the official release. The first one was released on 27th July 2005, the second version was released on 23rd May 2006 and the last beta was released on 24th September 2007.
Windows Server 2008 has the same code base as Windows Vista, which in result has a number of similarities. Both in architecture and functionality, they are almost the same.
Only two service packs were released where the SP1 was based on Windows Vista Service Pack 1. Service Pack 2 was also released and only minor problems were solved. No big changes were made in Windows Server 2008 SP2. The Windows Server 2008 SP2/ R2 was based on Windows 7 and was released on 22nd October 2009.
Both Windows Server 2008 SP1 and SP2 had Hyper-V and tons of other features.
Microsoft developed it for only servers and workstations. In simple words, it is a type of operating system used to store data, work as a file server or web server.
It gives them total control to admin to do almost anything with the users who are connected to the server. it gives you the access and library directories. It also grants you access to other Windows features like Windows Manager, Active Directory Role, and other amazing functions of computer hosted by the admin.
You won’t need any product key to activate your Windows Server 2008 and can be run for 60 days. You can use it for 60 days (the period can be evaluated up to 180 days) for three-time. And if the period is evaluated to 180 then a total of 240 days of free service are available for you. After this time period, you will need to uninstall the software and upgrade to a fully licensed version.
Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard ISO Download 64-bit
Windows Server 2008 R2 is a server operating system developed by Microsoft. It was publicly available on March 15, 2011.
Operating system: Windows Server 2008 R2
Category: Operating system
Editions of Windows 2008 servers
Most of the editions of Windows 2008 servers are present in both x86-64 versions.
- Windows Server 2008 Standard
- Windows Server 2008 Enterprise
- Windows Server 2008 Datacenter
- Windows Web Server
- Windows HPC Server 2008
- Windows Web Server 2008
- Windows Storage Server 2008
- Windows Small Business Server 2008
- Windows Essential Business Server 2008
- Windows Server 2008 for Itanium based systems and for OEMs
Here are some key features of Windows Server 2008.
- It has the same architecture as Windows Vista due to the same base code. So finding similarities to Windows Vista will be a very common thing.
- The installation is improved and is made easier.
- .NET Framework 3.0 is introduced with improved and effective performance.
- Pulling up matching values across all the row are now more easy with Search filters.
- Preinstalled apps like ASLR, BitLocker and more were added automatically. As it has the same architecture to Windows vista, so all the technical features were also added.
- Has the option to resize the partitions of hard disks while being connected to the server.
- Customize this server feature enables you to customize the server you are in if you are the admin.
- Network Performance Monitor is a feature that helps you to discover which is going on in your network. The feature can also perform things like troubleshooting, solving resource overload problems and many more.
- Hyper-V was preinstalled and was way more improved from previous versions. With Hyper-V, virtualization was available for users in 2008.
- Network Access Protection will ensure clients’ security by running a firewall and other corporate security policies.
- Bitlocker was present to take certain security measures from different threats.
- Windows Power Shell was quite famous with some server admins. As it helps them to make changes faster from the command-line interface (CLI) instead of changing to a Graphical user interface (GUI).
- It supports more than 256 cores which a huge jump from the previous version, who was able to support only 64 cores.
- Remote Desktop aka Terminal Services is available for admin to take control of users computer and to solve problems faced by the users
You can use the Windows Server 2008 ISO file as server core. It means that the operating system will be based entirely on the server and as a result, it cuts-down the GUI. The interface that you are going to use will be done through the command-line interface (CLI) or remotely using Microsoft Management Console (MMC).
- Download iso and create bootable
First step is to download Windows Server 2008 R1/R2 ISO file. As you have downloaded Windows Server 2008 ISO, then you will need software like Rufus or UUI to create a bootable drive. As you are done with downloading the software then you should burn the ISO file on your Pen drive.
As you have burned the ISO file of Windows Server 2008 on your pen drive, you will need to reboot your system.
Now, go to the BIOS setting and change the booting sequence to the external drive. Save your changes and exit. As you exit the BIOS setting, your computer will reboot again.
4. Installation screen
Soon, you will be moved to the installation screen. When you have reached the installation screen the following will happen:
- Firstly, it will ask for Language and other preferences.
- Click on Install now button
- Choose your operating system according to the architecture and edition you want to install. You have to choose Full installation then click next
- Accept license terms given and click on next
- Which type of installation will be asked, chose custom (advanced) option
- Select your installation location
- Wait for the installation to complete
- Create a user account with the password
Requirements for Windows Server 2008 R1
There is a need for a 1GHz processor for x86 and 1.45GHz for x64 computers. 512MB of RAM and 10GB of free storage is also needed. One DVD driver and a super VGA cable supporting 800 x 600.
A processor of 2GHz or better is required with 2GB of RAM. 40GB of free storage is needed with a DVD drive and a super cable.
Requirement for Windows Server 2008 R2
You will need at least 1.4GHZ of a processor with 2 GB of RAM for using Windows Server 2008 R2. There is at least 32Gb of storage is also needed. Both mouse, keyboard, DVD driver with 800 x 699 super cable is needed.
End of Windows Server 2008 R1 and R2
By the end of January 2020, the second extended version of the Windows 2008 server will. The mainstream support was about to end on 13, January 2015. However, later on, they extended the support for 5 more years. However, for those who have paid yearly installment for 2, or 3 years, they can use it until 2023.
Related keywords: windows server 2008 r2 standard iso, server 2008 iso, win server 2008.