For developing applications or games for iOS, using Xcode is the best option. Even though there are numerous other options that can be used to develop iOS-based applications. However, none of them can be as good as Xcode whereas the alternatives lack tons of tools as compared to Xcode. Here you can download Xcode for your Windows OS.
It is an IDE (integrated development environment) and SDK (software development tool). You can use the app to develop applications for macOS or iOS. In simple words developing applications on Mac, iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, and Apple Watch are possible with Xcode.
Xcode has all the development tools to have great integration between XcodeCloud, GitHub, BitBucker, and GitLab. Talking of compatibility, Swift, C, C++, Objective-C Compiler are also available. Tools for coding, testing, and debugging are available too. Instrumental analysis tools and simulations are also valid.
Related Topic: Free Download and Install Arduino IDE on Windows 10
Features of Xcode
While using the Xcode the first thing you will realize will be the user-friendly interface. Few uses and you are masters of Xcode.
- Can be used to develop applications and games for iOS platforms.
- Has the ability to develop apps for iOS with ease.
- Assistant Editor will help you to quickly edit your codes while having almost no errors.
- With the Quick Comparison feature, you can compare your original source code and the new changes made to it.
- For those who have used VIM, there is also VIM mode in Xcode. You can use it for key combinations and work on VIM without using it.
- Advanced tools are present for testing projects.
- After testing, many bugs would be found. To remove them, there are also debugging tools.
- There is a Test Flight feature that helps to check the stability and reliability of your applications. Since you will need a 100% score to upload your applications or games on Apple Store, this can be quite handy to reach the objective.
- SDK (software development tools) will help you to manage your images easily. Not only your images, but you use the Interface builder and make your project even more eye-catching.
- Jump Bar is a feature that is present in the menu that helps you to search for anything.
- You can also manage to Pull requests way easier thanks to users friendly web-based interface. It can be used to upload the app on Xcode Cloud and get a review before uploading the project.
- There are also options to add names and avatars of the users who are commenting about the codes.
- Submitting your application on Apple Store is quite a drag. As there will be multiple times when the Store will reject due to certificate issues. However; with Xcode Cloud signing and Apple-hosted services, you can sign in with your Apple ID and manage the certificate to make the Apple Store submission easier.
- There is a Bottom bar that is present at the bottom of the app. It is used to provide details about your source code, lines, columns, and a number of errors or bugs.
- If your app crashes, then a crash report will help be sent to you by the Test Flight feature. The feature uses, Xcode organizer to provide instant feedback about crashes to you. It also provides a crash log and the display line too.
- CarPlay Simulator can manage screen size, resolution, variable input methods and can be also used for testing car platforms.
Download Xcode for Windows
Like we mentioned, Xcode is an IDE and SDK for developing apps for iOS. However, the application is only supported by macOS and iOS (which means Mac, MacBook, iMac, or iPhone/iPads). There is no setup file for Windows OS and as it looks, the support won’t be in the future too.
So, how can it download Xcode for Windows 11 or 10? Well, you can use virtualization software as VMware Workstation or VirtualBox to install macOS inside and then use the Xcode. Got interested? Here is how to install Xcode on Windows OS.
Developer: Apple Inc
Language: Multiple Language
Alternative for Xcode
Here is an alternative way to use Xcode on Windows 11. This will enable you to develop iOS apps or games on Windows OS.
These are platforms that enable you to remotely access Mac by paying the owners.
Previous Versions of Xcode for Windows PC
The previous versions of Xcode for Windows PC
- Xcode 9
- Xcode 9.0 Beta 2
- Xcode 8
- Xcode 8.3.3
- Xcode 8.2.1
- Xcode 8.1
- Xcode 8.0
- Xcode 7
- Xcode 7.3.1
- Xcode 7.2.1 (Last version supporting OS X 10.10 Yosemite)
- Xcode 7.1.1
- Xcode 7.0.1
- Xcode 6
- Xcode 6.4
- Xcode 6.3.2
- Xcode 6.2 (Last version supporting OS X 10.9.5 Mavericks)
- Xcode 6.1.1
- Xcode 6.0.1